[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
[ LOCAL EVENTS & SESSIONS]
- Feb 19, 2019 #WEB Re-work Webinar: AI for Good
- Feb 22, 2019 #WEB Live-Webinar “Orientierung im Big Data Dschungel” mit Inga Ketels
- Mar 27, 2019 #WEB Apps Development on Hyperledger Fabric: Advanced Training for Developers [Atlanta]
[ AnalyticsWeek BYTES]
[ NEWS BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
[ FEATURED READ]
Jeff Hawkins, the man who created the PalmPilot, Treo smart phone, and other handheld devices, has reshaped our relationship to computers. Now he stands ready to revolutionize both neuroscience and computing in one strok… more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Fix the Culture, spread awareness to get awareness
Adoption of analytics tools and capabilities has not yet caught up to industry standards. Talent has always been the bottleneck towards achieving the comparative enterprise adoption. One of the primal reason is lack of understanding and knowledge within the stakeholders. To facilitate wider adoption, data analytics leaders, users, and community members needs to step up to create awareness within the organization. An aware organization goes a long way in helping get quick buy-ins and better funding which ultimately leads to faster adoption. So be the voice that you want to hear from leadership.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:Do you think 50 small decision trees are better than a large one? Why?
A: * Yes!
* More robust model (ensemble of weak learners that come and make a strong learner)
* Better to improve a model by taking many small steps than fewer large steps
* If one tree is erroneous, it can be auto-corrected by the following
* Less prone to overfitting
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
The world is one big data problem. – Andrew McAfee
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
According to execs, the influx of data is putting a strain on IT infrastructure. 55 percent of respondents reporting a slowdown of IT systems and 47 percent citing data security problems, according to a global survey from Avanade.