[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
[ LOCAL EVENTS & SESSIONS]
- Jan 31, 2019 #WEB [REPLAY]How To Design a Patient-Centered Mobile Health App
- Feb 06, 2019 #WEB Online Meetup: Best Practices for Kubernetes
- Feb 21, 2019 #WEB Tutorials on “Deep Learning in R” on 3rd Thursdays Webinar- IST 6:00PM – 7:30PM
[ AnalyticsWeek BYTES]
[ NEWS BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
[ FEATURED READ]
Written by renowned data science experts Foster Provost and Tom Fawcett, Data Science for Business introduces the fundamental principles of data science, and walks you through the “data-analytic thinking” necessary for e… more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Finding a success in your data science ? Find a mentor
Yes, most of us dont feel a need but most of us really could use one. As most of data science professionals work in their own isolations, getting an unbiased perspective is not easy. Many times, it is also not easy to understand how the data science progression is going to be. Getting a network of mentors address these issues easily, it gives data professionals an outside perspective and unbiased ally. It’s extremely important for successful data science professionals to build a mentor network and use it through their success.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:What is your definition of big data?
A: Big data is high volume, high velocity and/or high variety information assets that require new forms of processing
– Volume: big data doesnt sample, just observes and tracks what happens
– Velocity: big data is often available in real-time
– Variety: big data comes from texts, images, audio, video
Difference big data/business intelligence:
– Business intelligence uses descriptive statistics with data with high density information to measure things, detect trends etc.
– Big data uses inductive statistics (statistical inference) and concepts from non-linear system identification to infer laws (regression, classification, clustering) from large data sets with low density information to reveal relationships and dependencies or to perform prediction of outcomes or behaviors
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
We chose it because we deal with huge amounts of data. Besides, it sounds really cool. Larry Page
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
Three-quarters of decision-makers (76 per cent) surveyed anticipate significant impacts in the domain of storage systems as a result of the Big Data phenomenon.