[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
Tour of Accounting Source
[ LOCAL EVENTS & SESSIONS]
- Jan 31, 2019 #WEB Create Better Products by Design Thinking Workshop
- Jan 25, 2019 #WEB State of Telecom: Do We Need a National i-Media Commission?
- Jan 24, 2019 #WEB Webinar: Navigating the Statistics Canada Website
[ NEWS BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
Machine Learning is a first-class ticket to the most exciting careers in data analysis today. As data sources proliferate along with the computing power to process them, going straight to the data is one of the most stra… more
[ FEATURED READ]
Written by renowned data science experts Foster Provost and Tom Fawcett, Data Science for Business introduces the fundamental principles of data science, and walks you through the “data-analytic thinking” necessary for e… more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Analytics Strategy that is Startup Compliant
With right tools, capturing data is easy but not being able to handle data could lead to chaos. One of the most reliable startup strategy for adopting data analytics is TUM or The Ultimate Metric. This is the metric that matters the most to your startup. Some advantages of TUM: It answers the most important business question, it cleans up your goals, it inspires innovation and helps you understand the entire quantified business.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:Explain likely differences between administrative datasets and datasets gathered from experimental studies. What are likely problems encountered with administrative data? How do experimental methods help alleviate these problems? What problem do they bring?
– Large coverage of population
– Captures individuals who may not respond to surveys
– Regularly updated, allow consistent time-series to be built-up
– Restricted to data collected for administrative purposes (limited to administrative definitions. For instance: incomes of a married couple, not individuals, which can be more useful)
– Lack of researcher control over content
– Missing or erroneous entries
– Quality issues (addresses may not be updated or a postal code is provided only)
– Data privacy issues
– Underdeveloped theories and methods (sampling methods )
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
With data collection, the sooner the better’ is always the best answer. Marissa Mayer
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
The largest AT&T database boasts titles including the largest volume of data in one unique database (312 terabytes) and the second largest number of rows in a unique database (1.9 trillion), which comprises AT&T’s extensive calling records.